Free Browsealoud access to support essential COVID-19 communications
In this time of increasing uncertainty and change, web accessibility is more important than ever. As we’ve said before, digital inclusion is something that should be on everybody’s mind, and as social distancing measures come into effect, the ability for everyone to be able to access goods and services online is becoming more crucial everyday. That's why we're offering you our web accessibility tool, Browsealoud, free for 90 days - to help you support your online customers.
The demand on your digital presence has never been higher, but it's important to remember that digital access doesn't come easily to everyone. Despite legislation being in place within many countries around the world, research suggests that a massive 98% of websites fail to meet accessibility standards. Barriers to online content still exist and that means that people with physical, cognitive, literacy and language challenges, in addition to those who lack digital skills, are being met with online experiences that are frustrating and isolating, far from the ideals of an inclusive world.
Online support for your customers
As we journey through this global pandemic together, we know that keeping your customers up to date is a top priority for you right now. It's vitally important that the essential communication you publish online can be accessed and understood by every website user. We want to do our part to help everyone around the world access what they need online, and want to make sure that you have what you need to support the growing demand of your digital presence.
That’s why we’re sharing details about Browsealoud and offering organisations free access to try it out on their own websites.
Browsealoud provides your customers with all the features they need to...
- Hear content read aloud via the text-to-speech feature, making content easily accessible to people with dyslexia, reading difficulties and visual impairments
- Translate web pages into 99 languages, and hear translated text read aloud in 40 languages - a perfect support for English Language Learners
- Magnify on-screen text to assist users with visual impairments
- Convert text to audio files for offline listening with an MP3 generator
- Increase the ability to focus with a screen mask and reading pane
- Simplify web pages to remove ads and other distracting content, for easier reading
- Tailor their experience with custom settings, built in to suit individual user needs and preferences
(If you haven’t used Browsealoud before you can check out it right now - by clicking the orange capsule at the top right of this page).
To get Browsealoud for free for 90 days simply sign up and register to receive your personalised Browsealoud code. Alternatively, if you would like to hear more about us, get in touch and let us know what we can do to help.