Understanding Dyslexia: a guide for Australian educators
In this free guide, gain insights into the strengths and challenges of dyslexic thinking, and learn how you can help students with dyslexia to reach their full potential.
Thanks to our partner
What's in the guide?
You'll find information and guidance on:
- The effects of dyslexia and broader literacy challenges
- Details on the strengths of dyslexic thinking
- Insights into the challenges faced by people with dyslexia
- Practical tips for identifying and supporting dyslexia
- Resources to deepen your understanding and help you build an inclusive learning environment
Who is the guide for?
This guide is for Australian educators, and features national statistics, case studies and organisations specific to Australia. It covers dyslexia support at all levels of education, from primary to post-secondary.
Information within this guide will be of interest to:
- teachers, tutors and lecturers
- learning support staff
- assistive technology specialists
- school leaders
- A better understanding of how dyslexic brains work and their unique strengths and challenges
- Evidence-based strategies for supporting students with dyslexia and nurturing their talents
- Insights from teachers and parents who use technology as part of their dyslexia support toolkit
Complete the form above to start learning about dyslexia.